Some Area Attractions near
Places to go things to do in and around Pocahontas County
We are about 40 minutes north of the
Lewisburg WV I-64 exit on Rt 219
At the Junction of Rt 39 and Rt 55
Or about 30 minutes south of Snowshoe
During your stay you may want to visit some of these:
- Jack Horners Corner - in Seebert -3 miles - Pizza
- The Greenbrier Grill in Marlinton - 8 miles
- Pearl S. Buck Birthplace Museum -2 miles
- Watoga State Park (Fishing, Swimming Pool, Hiking and Biking Trails) 3 miles
- Droop Mountain Battle Field 6 miles
- Hills Creek Falls 11 miles
- Greenbrier River Biking Trail Safe access thru back of property.
- Beartown State Park 8 miles
- Cass Scenic Railroad 32 miles
- Snowshoe Mountain Resort 37 miles
- Fishing: Greenbrier River, Williams River, Handley Lake, Knapps Creek and Seneca Lake are some of the local streams and lakes.
- Biking & Hiking: Greenbrier River Trail, Alleghany Trail, Hills Creek Falls, Watoga State Park, Cranberry Glades, Snowshoe Mountain Resort and Silver Creek Mountain Resort.
- Skiing: Snowshoe Mountain Resort and Silver Creek Mountain Resort.
- Cross Country Sking: Cranberry Wildress, Highland Scenic Highway and Elk River Touring Center .
- Horse Back Riding: Watoga State Park and Snowshoe Mountain Resort.
The recently restored Opera House in Marlinton may have some evening activites planned.
- Golf: Raven Golf Club at Snowshoe, WV and Pocahontas Co. Country Club(just outside Marlinton)
Also Carnegie Hall in Lewisburg often has programs of interest to the whole family.
County-wide Tourist Information
There are some quiet attractions just out the door.
Along the creek
Home | Location
For more information:
© 2015 Barnett Cabins
||Barnett Cabin Rentals
9992 Seneca Trl
Hillsboro, WV 24946
Phones 8:30 am to 4:30 pm EST
or (800) 262-4615
Fax (304) 653-8532
Return to top